What to Do When You Have a Cheating Boyfriend or Girlfriend
- Confront your man/women after you have had time to calm down - Yes, I know this will be incredibly hard to do if you are upset, but when you are emotional and out for blood, you will never get him to answer your questions. Furthermore, it will just make you more upset and it will emotionally drain you. Calm down, let the initial shock wears off, and then confront the cheating boyfriend/girlfriend.
- Do not blame yourself for his actions - I know how difficult this will be even if you are upset, as women, we tend to wonder what we did, if anything, to cause him to act that way. In this case however, there is no excuse for a boyfriend to cheat on you.
- Do not rationalize his behavior - The mother instinct in women tends to make them want to find out what is wrong with their man, and fix the problem by any means necessary. However, your boyfriend/girlfriend has just cheated, so there is no reason for you to give him excuses for his poor behavior.
- Take time for yourself if you need to - Some women do need to take time after finding out a boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating to get back in touch with who they are, and more importantly what they want from a man. If you are clear on your goals and expectations, and do not settle, you will eventually find the right man that is worth your time, love, and dedication.
- Do not take him/her back no matter how much he begs - This is sometimes hard to do, especially when a boyfriend found cheating apologizes and promises to never do it again. Now, in some cases he really is a changed man, but perhaps more importantly you should look at how you will feel if you take him back. Will you feel like you are settling? Will you feel like you are saying it was okay to do? Think about these things before you look into his sad puppy dog eyes and decide to take him back.
- Do not mope, get back out there and have some fun - Be social, yes you have just had to deal with a boyfriend cheating, but if you have followed the steps above, you will be ready to move on from the situation and be social in the single life once again. Get your hair done; treat yourself to a new pair of shoes. Do whatever it takes to help you get over that cheating boyfriend as soon as possible!