Blind Date Guidelines To Keep In Mind

Blind dates can be exciting and unnerving at the same time. I’m sure you’ve heard or had your fair share of blind date horror stories. I remember this one time when I agreed for a blind date with my long-time chat mate Rudy. We met in this coffee shop, not far from my apartment.

Everything was going perfectly well that night, when all of a sudden, a woman splashed a glass of water on Rudy’s face. She was angry, and ready to brawl. What is more, she was cursing and yelling at us. It turned out to be Rudy’s wife! Of course I was so embarrassed! My blind date was a two-faced lying jerk! Everybody was staring at us that night, even the passers by stopped to watch the drama.

I was so humiliated. So, I made it clear to the Mrs. that I didn’t know he is married then I hurriedly went out of the place. To add insult to my humiliation, that night, when I was on my way to get my laundry, I bumped into Mrs. Frederick, the old lady who lives 3 doors away from me.

“Are you okay, dear? I saw what happened this afternoon.” She said. “I’m alright Mrs. Frederick. Thank you.” I said. “Next time, you should know better before dating a married man!” She finished off almost scorning. She turned her back before I could explain myself. It took me awhile to accept anymore blind dates after.

Learning from my experience, here are some important guidelines on what to do on a blind date. When going out with a stranger, you have to remember “Safety First”-- tell a trusted friend when and where you are going and who are you going out with. It’s also wise to suggest a public place on your first meeting and never forget to carry a fully charged cell phone in case of emergency.

If possible suggest a double-date, it’s safer and can ease up the tension. Once you’ve got your safety measures covered, here are a few tips on where to go and what to do on a blind date. Avoid having dinner dates or movie dates; because if the rendezvous doesn’t go well, you are bound to get stuck with him the entire meal or the whole movie together.

It’s best to go for coffee or a dessert after meal. You might also want to consider the expenses of the blind date. Practically speaking, going to a low- to- mid price range café is always advisable. And to liberate the pressure of who is paying the bill, offer to pay half.

It’s also to avoid the feeling that you owe him something. Now that you are aware of the dos and don’ts, watch out for these things: A wedding ring is always a big “No-No”. You should also be observant for ring marks on the ring finger, if you notice the mark on the ring finger; don’t hesitate to ask about it.

Bottom line is; you don’t have business dating these men because they only spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Lastly, be keen with his attitude. Watch out for these character traits: He treats you and/or the waiters rudely. He talks about nothing else but his past relationships, and he talks ill about his ex or his mother.

The date hasn’t started yet but he is on his 3rd shot of scotch, or he pays more attention to his phone or the other women in the café. Most importantly, be aware of anti-social signs, abusive and/ or criminal behaviors. And when you decide to cut your blind date short, always have a valid excuse.

No matter how the blind date went, be polite and thank the other person for the time spent with you.

Ruth Purple is a Relationship and Dating Expert. Click here to get access to her ebook on how to attract the RIGHT men. http://www.relazine.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Love: Location, Challenges, and the Search for True Connection by Nicholl McGuire

How to Spot a Self-Absorbed and Conceited Partner Who Will Probably Cheat on You – Warning Signs to Look Out For

She's Crazy by Nicholl McGuire

She's Crazy by Nicholl McGuire
Dating or married to an angry woman?