7 Tips to a Long & Healthy Relationship
Or maybe it's just that some couples pick up tips of relationship success from their grandparents, relatives or other friends. Since the latter is probably true, here are some tried & true tips that have helped couples enjoy long & happy relationships.
1. Be Nostalgic - When you first got together as a couple, there was something that bonded the two of you to each other. When times start to get difficult, take the time to reflect back on what brought the two of you together & use that common bond to build a foundation to work from to overcome your current difficulties.
2. Date Night - Just because the two of you are now in a long term relationship doesn't mean that the dating & romance has to diminish. Even if the day seems too busy, you can always end the evening with something light & easy. For example, light a candle & set it on the table, even if you are eating take-out or pizza. Or, tape your favorite TV show if the two of you aren't going to be home & then cuddle on the couch & watch it together before turning in for the night.
3. Don't Stop Having Fun - Remember when you first started dating your partner, how much fun you had together? But then once dating turns into a relationship, some couples seem to start getting too serious all the time, which can take the fun out of the relationship. Don't let that happen to you.
4. Learn to Move on instead of Looking Back - Bad things happen. It's a part of any relationship. But you don't have to dwell on them. When something does happen, be the first to apologize & make up. Don't dwell on what happened. Go for it! You'll be surprised at the results.
5. Give Each Other Some Room - This comes down to trust, which is a big part of every relationship. You can't spend 24/8/365 together. It's just not healthy to the relationship. It's just a fact of life that people need time alone & with friends. Be sure to give your partner space to breathe. It can work wonders for relationships.
6. Agree To Disagree - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could agree with each other on everything? Not going to happen. And that's OK! Just learn to deal with it. You don't HAVE to agree on everything. Just remember that you don't have to recreate the wheel just to make both of you happy. Just agree to disagree.
7. Make Lasting Memories - No need to be elaborate about it. One of my favorite memories is a trip we took when we first started dating to Lookout Mountain in Chatanooga, TN. I really don't know why. But it stuck in my mind. We now make it an annual event to make that trip. For you, it may be a Restaurant that you ate at, a movie that you saw, or just a day that became special to you. The important thing is to remember these, & then share them together. Next year, make plans to do the same thing. It's these times that we remember forever & make us special to each other.
There is no pill or nothing magical about making a relationship work. It is the two people involved working together to make it magical for them. What is magical for one couple, may not be for another. But if you follow these tried & true tips, it is possible that you can improve your relationship. Don't sit back & sulk. Don't let life fly by over your head. Grab the bull by the horns & ride it for all you are worth!!
Gina G. has published many articles on Relationships, Getting Back A Lost Love, & Weight Loss. She is also a published ebook author, her latest being "How To Get Your Ex Lover Back". You can view it at http://getmyexloverbacktoday.com.
She also has put out some special reports that you can get for free by signing up for one of her two newsletters from her main site at http://freerelationshiptips.net. The Free Reports you can claim are: 101 Romantic Ideas, Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask, The Males Guide To Female Pleasures & The 5 Big Sex Myths. Plus, you won't believe what is revealed to you within the first 5 days of her newsletter! Simply visit her main site to sign up for free.