The Rush - Dating Too Soon

A rush to find someone, look for the right look for a first date, communicate one's needs, touch, have sex, fall in love, get married, and have children.  Welcome to Internet dating!  Where the lonely, desperate, confused, crazy, and horny are in a rush to do everything only to crash and burn later.

I was one of them.

Yes, the inspirational speaker and author of many books, (I wasn't who I am now back then--although I wish maybe I wouldn't have been in such a rush) set out to connect online after a divorce (can we say vulnerable and an easy target).  My ex was cheating and seemed to be quite content with his mistress--a co-worker.  So me, being the kind of gal who wasn't going to sit back and watch their movie unfold right before my eyes, applied for a divorce and started looking online months later.  It felt so nice to be admired online.  I was ready to have some fun--woohoo!

As we all know, who have been there and done that, fun doesn't come without a price, a compromise, and a broken heart.  I share my story, observation and lessons learned in Too Much, Too Soon Internet Dating Blues by Nicholl McGuire.

The rush comes in phases as I discussed on a video.  There are three parts and the one that I eventually got trapped in months later the baby and many years later a new marriage--both of which I thought I was ready for--NOT!

Internet dating blues, we reap what we sow.  Plant to quickly, don't care for your garden, trample on your seeds to plant new ones, and then before long nothing grows.  You are like a beautiful flower so wonderfully made and without the right treatment you die a slow death in a miserable relationship.

So choose wisely!

Nicholl McGuire
Blog Owner and Author of Too Much Too Soon, Internet Dating Blues

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Love: Location, Challenges, and the Search for True Connection by Nicholl McGuire

How to Spot a Self-Absorbed and Conceited Partner Who Will Probably Cheat on You – Warning Signs to Look Out For

She's Crazy by Nicholl McGuire

She's Crazy by Nicholl McGuire
Dating or married to an angry woman?