Dating Burnout, Blues: Do You Have It?
You know you are going through something when you have more bad stories then good ones about dates and you could practically write a rhythm and blues song about your emotions concerning them. There is just not enough positive energy going on when it comes to meeting, dating, and sleeping with these people. It's either a hum, drum world or a "what did I just get myself into" kind of world with these dates and the more you do it, the more you get more of the same.
When dating burnout/blues shows up and shows out, here's what you do:
1. You avoid talking to anyone who you had hoped to be intimate with or had sex with. Why bother reconnecting with someone you know you aren't the least bit interested in having a serious relationship with?
2. Check your desires to have sex. From taking a cold shower to talking to a counselor, avoid the people and things that stir your sexual drive. You aren't feeling so good right now, so why complicate matters or give someone false hope that you will be back around for more?
3. Visit places that don't cater to couples. The images can make you feel bad especially when you aren't happy with your past decisions.
4. Avoid romantic movies. Why create a fantasy world in your mind that doesn't exist? In the real world, we all know that couples aren't always happy, patient, kind, and understanding with one another much less others.
5. Stop reading and listening to sexually explicit material. Why tease yourself when you are simply burned out with dating?
6. Spend quality time alone, not just for a day or two, but for as long as it takes so that you can reclaim your energy without the need of someone else and replenish that bank account.
7. Catch up with tasks you have been putting off. Chances are you have been ignoring other people, places and things because you have been too busy thinking about meaningless distractions.
Dating blues is a temporary emotion that comes and goes. But when it goes, you feel so much lighter, focused, and you are in better spirits!
Nicholl McGuire, check out my YouTube channel: nmenterprise7