Best Ways to Overcome the Breakup Blues
1. Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia - Ok, so you don't want to go overboard with the indulgences, but go ahead and enjoy some good old fashion comfort foods.
2. Cry - There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a good cry. Let it out, scream at the universe, whatever gets it off your chest.
3. Treat Yourself - Go shopping, get a manicure, visit your favorite restaurant. Now is the ideal time to treat yourself well.
4. Bury the Nostalgia - It is not necessary to burn everything associated with your ended relationship, but tuck it away. Out of site and out of mind.
5. Rekindle Relationships - Call up some friends you may not have spoken with for a while. Sometimes friendships get neglected in these situations. Let your friends be there for you, both to lean on and as a distraction.
6. Avoid the Rebound - It is never a good idea to try and substitute one relationship with another. It is unfair to all parties involved.
7. Look for the Silver Lining - Focus on the good things. Look for any good thing, even the smallest will make a difference.
8. Volunteer - Move you focus outside of yourself. Doing good for others will boost your self-esteem and give you a good perspective on life. There is always someone out there that is going through something far tougher that what you are facing at the moment.
9. Be optimistic - Approaching life with a good attitude will radically alter the course of your life. Truly believing life will get better is a self-fulfilling prophesy.
10. Give yourself a Pep Talk - There is no person's voice you hear more often than your own. Talk your self through the hard times and you will be just fine.